About Everest Group
Everest Group is a research firm focused exclusively on IT, business process, and engineering services – this specialization results in a depth of expertise that our clients find invaluable when making critical, strategic decisions related to their use and delivery of sourcing services. The Global 1000 – the largest and most complex companies of theworld – use our services to guide their journeys to achieve heightened operational and financial performance, accelerated value delivery, and high-impact business outcomes. Founded in 1991, we serve clients around the world.
Practice overview: Pricing Assurance Services
The Pricing Assurance practice advises enterprises and service providers with spend and pricing strategies in sourcing arrangements respectively, across IT & Business Process areas. On the buy-side, the practice advises enterprises on extricating fair value from their sourcing portfolio via vendor consolidation, pricing and delivery restructuring, contract optimization, and digital-led disruption. On the supply-side, the practice helps providers with go-to-market pricing strategies globally, cost of delivery restructuring, pursuit support in competitive situations, and improving win and renewal rates. To know more about the practice, visit https://www.everestgrp.com/research/domain-expertise/pricing/
Practice Director in the Pricing Assurance practice is a highly entrepreneurial role wherein the individual is responsible for client management, project management, leading analysis and problem solving, team development, shaping new services / capabilities, and working with senior leadership and marketing to take the new capabilities to market. The role reports directly into the VP/Partner.
Practice Directors should have the capability to lead teams on various initiatives or projects. They manage a team of analysts focused on a specific area (e.g. such as pricing and related aspects in IT Applications / Infrastructure) and need to be involved in all aspects of developing the capability or area. The individual should have the capability to deliver analysis and advice to blue chip clients through custom projects, client inquiry, speeches, and other deliverables. The candidate must be able to analyze, write, participate actively in the sales cycle, consult, present in front of large and small audiences, work with senior executives, develop complex and compelling scenarios, and work with clients solving strategic outsourcing issues.
- Execute against client mandates by leading a team on analysis, reporting, and client syndication against agreed milestones
- Actively involved in business development via proposal shaping, client walkthroughs, responding to RFPs, seeding opportunities, attending and presenting in conferences, creating thought leadership, partnering closely with Everest Group’s sales and marketing teams
- Manage client relationships at middle to senior stakeholder groups
- Supervise team activities and take an active role in the professional development, growth and mentoring of her/his team members
Education and experience
We are seeking a high calibre individual to maintain our exceptional standards. This person should have:
- 6 to 9 years of experience in one of the following
- Sourcing advisory firms or Sourcing advisory practices of broad-based Consulting firms
- IT-focused (Apps or Infra) solution design / price to win / deal management teams within Tier 1 IT service providers
- Ability to understand market trends in outsourcing, shared services, and/or offshoring industry preferably in the areas of solution development and commercial structuring of deals
- Desirable to have exposure to Pricing of outsourcing services in multiple areas (e.g. IT ADM, IT Infrastructure etc.)
- Strong client presence and presentation skills
- Strong relationship orientation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative work style; strong interpersonal and team skills
- MBA from a reputed business school is preferred