Everest Group Expands Research Practice to Meet Rising Demand for In-depth Insights to Navigate Political Uncertainty, Changing Technology | Press Release
Global Sourcing executives demand fact-based analyses to remain competitive in environment of rapidly evolving business models for IT, Business Services and Sourcing
Everest Group, a consulting and research firm focused on strategic IT, business services and sourcing, is expanding its research practice in response to increased demand for services in the wake of rising political and technological uncertainty and change. To date, the expansion features office and staffing additions; three new research offerings; and a major redesign of the firm’s digital service platform.
In 2016, Everest Group has opened a new office in Bangalore, moved to larger offices in Delhi, and expanded its research staff by 26 percent, including the addition of five senior-level practitioners to its leadership team:
- Patricia Blair, vice president, Digital Strategies, manages the digital business operations for Everest Group, which includes delivering exemplary user experiences via the firm’s digital properties. Most recently, she was with Fossil Group.
- Gunjan Gupta, practice director, Information Technology Services, is a leader in Everest Group’s Application & Digital Services subscription offering, driving syndicated as well as custom research. Prior to joining Everest Group, Gupta was with CEB.
- Julian Herbert, vice president, Information Products, provides leadership to Everest Group’s subscription and custom research and leads the firm’s benchmarking offerings in Europe. Herbert most recently ran a business that tracked large construction, infrastructure and oil and gas projects.
- Anil Vijayan, practice director, Business Process Services, is a leader in Everest Group’s HR Outsourcing (HRO), Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) and Managed Service Provider (MSP) offerings. Prior to joining Everest Group, Vijayan was with Ernst & Young.
- Megan Weis, vice president, Business Process Services, heads local market efforts in North America, providing leadership in the delivery of custom projects and syndicated research. Weis was with Accenture before joining Everest Group.
New Research Offerings
Everest Group’s research practice continually tracks 200+ global cities, 150 service providers and 44 sourcing functions across Business Process Services and Information Technology Services. In the past year alone Everest Group has released 40 PEAK Matrix reports—highly anticipated assessments of the relative market success and overall capability of service providers based on Performance, Experiences, Ability and Knowledge—and hundreds of other research reports. To this rich research portfolio, Everest Group added three new offerings in 2016:
- Service Optimization Technologies: analyzes service optimization technologies and their impact on the global services market. Technologies covered include those that have the potential to significantly enhance or augment services and/or disrupt the market. Examples include analytics, the Internet of Things (IoT) and Service Delivery Automation (SDA), including both robotic and smart process automation.
- Healthcare & Life Sciences BPO: comprehensively analyzes the key dynamics of the high-growth healthcare market, focusing on the business processes specific to these industries.
- IT Services Forecaster™: examines industry growth trends and compares performance among major IT services providers. In partnership with DeepDive Equity Research, Everest Group has developed a systematic methodology to conduct extensive analysis of true growth (organic, constant currency) across 19 IT services market segments.
Enhanced Digital Services
With a treasury of original research, thought leadership and case studies to offer, Everest Group embarked on a website redesign project in 2016 to make relevant data easily accessible and actionable in just a few clicks. The new website and reports portal design, launched in September, features a powerful search function, viewing features and collaboration tools.
“Business leaders and sourcing executives today are sailing on turbulent seas and are in dire need of sound data and analysis to help them find their way,” said Eric Simonson, managing partner, Research, Everest Group. “This has been a banner year for our research practice at Everest Group, not only in terms of delivering the fact-based research and analysis our clients need to support their critical decision-making processes, but also in terms of proactively expanding what we have to offer—our research offerings, digital access to our data and insights, and, most importantly, the talented team that makes it all possible.