The PEAK Matrix
What are the PEAK Matrix Service Provider of the Year Awards for IT Services?
In 2018, Everest Group published 24 PEAK Matrix IT services evaluations featuring 67 service providers across all evaluations. To recognize consistent top performers across PEAK Matrix assessments, we publish the PEAK Matrix Service Provider of the Year Awards. This is the third edition of the PEAK Matrix Service Provider of the Year Awards.
Why the PEAK Matrix Service Provider of the Year Awards for IT Services?
Everest Group PEAK Matrix evaluations are a valuable resource for IT services buyers to evaluate, compare, and contrast key service providers in the global services space. These assessments offer service provider selection guidance, as well as nuanced insights into these providers’ strategies for key business lines, geographies, and technologies.
While there are service providers that feature as Star Performers, Leaders, Major Contenders, or Aspirants on individual evaluation categories, there are some that exhibit consistent leadership and top performance across many different categories. As today’s enterprises navigate the complex landscape of next-generation and legacy technologies, a global business footprint and a complex provider portfolio, the PEAK Matrix Service Provider of the Year Awards help them to identify the best of the best – service providers with strong broad-based capabilities and successful services strategies that align well with the evolving enterprise IT demand.
How are the PEAK Matrix Service Provider of the Year awards evaluated?
We use the following evaluation criteria to determine the Service Provider of the Year awards:
- ITS Top 20 list: We build the list using a consolidated score reflecting points received on individual evaluations based on tiered scores for Star Performer, Leader, Major Contender, and Aspirant positions
- Individual category awards: We base these awards on the count of “Leader” or “Star Performer” positions across the category evaluated
- Top 10 challengers: We create this list using the same methodology as the “ITS Top 20” list. This list recognizes the top 10 service providers with annual revenue of less than US$2 billion
[New Feature in this Edition]
What are Challengers?
Some service providers with annual revenues of less than US$2 billion are positioning themselves as challengers to leading players and credible alternatives for enterprises by focusing on specific solution segments, geographies, and/or industries. In an effort to recognize these providers, we are introducing a new category, Challengers. This year, we honor the top 10 Challengers.
- Top of the leaderboard: Accenture retains its position at the top of the leaderboard
- New runners up: TCS moves up to second place (from fourth), leapfrogging, Cognizant and IBM
- Moving up the ladder: Apart from TCS, seven other service providers improved their rankings in the 2018 PEAK Matrix Service Provider of the Year Awards
- Wipro move from 5 to 4
- Infosys moved from 9 to 7
- NTT Data moved from 20 to 10
- Tech Mahindra moved 14 to 12
- LTI moved from 16 to 13
- Virtusa moved from 15 to 14
- Syntel moved from 17 to 16
- New entrants: Two service providers entered the leaderboard for the first time
- Mphasis (17) and Genpact (20). DXC Technologies (9), a merged entity of CSC and HPE, is featured for the first time
- Exits: There were no exits from this list on the basis of the methodology. CSC (now DXC Technologies), NTT Data Services (now NTT Data), and HP Enterprise (now DXC Technologies) continue to feature under their new entities