The PEAK Matrix
What are the PEAK Matrix Service Provider of the Year Awards for IT Services?
In 2016, Everest Group published 21 PEAK Matrix IT services evaluations featuring 73 service providers across all evaluations. To recognize consistent top performers across PEAK Matrix assessments, we publish the PEAK Matrix Service Provider of the Year Awards. This is the second edition of the PEAK Matrix Service Provider of the Year Awards.
Why the PEAK Matrix Service Provider of the Year Awards for IT Services?
Everest Group PEAK Matrix evaluations are a valuable resource for IT services buyers to evaluate, compare, and contrast key service providers in the global services space. These assessments offer service provider selection guidance, as well as nuanced insights into these providers’ strategies for key business lines, geographies, and technologies.
While there are service providers that feature as Star Performers, Leaders, Major Contenders, or Aspirants on individual evaluation categories, there are some that exhibit consistent leadership and top performance across many different categories. As today’s enterprises navigate the complex landscape of next-generation and legacy technologies, a global business footprint and a complex provider portfolio, the PEAK Matrix Service Provider of the Year Awards help them to identify the best of the best – service providers with strong broad-based capabilities and successful services strategies that align well with the evolving enterprise IT demand.
How are the PEAK Matrix Service Provider of the Year awards evaluated?
We use the following evaluation criteria to determine the Service Provider of the Year awards:
- ITS Top 20 list: We build the list using a consolidated score reflecting points received on individual evaluations based on tiered scores for Star Performer, Leader, Major Contender, and Aspirant positions
- Individual category awards: We base these awards on the count of “Leader” or “Star Performer” positions across the category evaluated
- Top of the leaderboard: Accenture (second position in 2016) replaced Cognizant to move to the top of the list
- Moving up the ladder: Apart from Accenture, four other service providers improved their rankings in the 2017 PEAK Matrix Service Provider of the Year Awards
- Atos moved from 15 to 10
- Capgemini moved from 9 to 7
- CSC moved 10 to 8
- VirtusaPolaris moved from 16 to 15
- New entrants: Three service providers entered the leaderboard for the first time
- Syntel (17), Hexaware (18), and NTT DATA (20)
- Exits: Fujitsu, Unisys, and Luxoft dropped out of the Top 20 leaderboard