Top Procurement Outsourcing Service Providers
Procurement Outsourcing (PO) engagements are shifting to improving outcomes and covering more judgment-intensive and strategic processes across the Source-to-Pay (S2P) value chain. Providers are helping companies transform their procurement operations and drive the adoption of advanced digital technologies, such as advanced analytics and intelligent automation, by leveraging in-house capabilities, partnership ecosystems, and targeted investments. Providers are also developing capabilities in emerging areas such as Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) initiatives, risk management, and direct spend management.
This PEAK Matrix® report covers the following topics:
- PO Services PEAK Matrix® Assessment 2022
- Key insights into PEAK Matrix® dimensions
Strengths and limitations of the service providers evaluated
- Enterprise sourcing considerations
- Overview of top PO providers across geographies and industries, along with their respective market shares
In this research, we present detailed assessments of 21 PO service providers featured on the PO Services PEAK Matrix®Assessment 2022. Each assessment provides a comprehensive picture of the provider’s market success, vision and strategy, service focus and capabilities, digital and technological solutions, domain investments, and buyer feedback to assist buyers in making the right sourcing decisions.
- All industries and geographies
- The assessment is based on Everest Group’s annual RFI process for the calendar year 2022, interactions with leading procurement service providers, client reference checks, and an ongoing analysis of the PO services market
Challenges Chief Procurement Officers Face in Implementing ESG Strategies
Procurement’s Influence in ESG Implementation and Supplier Collaboration
Building a Collaborative, Agile and Resilient Supply Chain With Data & Analytics
Modern Sourcing Teams Are Using Agile Procurement Operating Models
What is the PEAK Matrix®?
The PEAK Matrix® provides an objective, data-driven assessment of service and technology providers based on their overall capability and market impact across different global services markets, classifying them into three categories: Leaders, Major Contenders, and Aspirants.