Service providers are expected to play a vital role in meeting the unique needs of customers in the strategic SAP mid-market. To help the software company achieve its growth targets, partnerships will be crucial. Discover the five customer priority areas where service providers can make a difference in this blog.
SAP expects the mid-market to be a large contributor to meet its revised growth forecast of 8.3% over the next three years. To effectively attract clients in this segment, the company recognizes it will need to invest in extensive industry application development and form substantial agile partnerships with service providers.
To better evaluate this market, Everest Group’s Enterprise Platform Services (EPS) practice is launching a new PEAK Matrix® assessment. Learn more to participate
SAP mid-market customers have distinct priorities compared to large clients. Service providers who can tailor solutions to meet the following five key priorities will be valuable partners:
- Flexibility: SAP mid-market customers need providers that offer flexible services to adapt to their changing business requirements
- Responsiveness: Since SAP is typically a new platform for mid-market customers, providers need to proactively educate them on its capabilities and have responsive services teams available to address queries and concerns
- Regional support: Mid-market enterprises demand a higher regional presence for services because they want to establish robust communication and agile collaboration
- Cost attractiveness: Mid-market customers seek service providers that offer the most value for their SAP and services investments, aligning with their budget needs
- Customized services: These enterprises want service providers that invest in understanding their business processes and deliver SAP services tailored to specific requirements
While providers of SAP services focused on this segment may lack the scale or global footprint, they are laser-focused on addressing these key priorities of mid-market SAP customers. Beyond implementation, data migration, and customization, they also offer the benefits of training and support services.
SAP’s mid-market services have already made a significant impact, contributing an impressive US$ 13 billion with a staggering year-over-year growth rate of approximately 20%. With the introduction of the RISE with SAP and GROW with SAP programs, momentum is growing for small and medium-sized businesses to adopt the SAP suite for modernization and consolidation initiatives.
Based on our analysis of the service provider landscape, the below exhibit shows the prominent providers in the mid-market segment across key regions:
To better evaluate this market and assist enterprises in key sourcing decisions, Everest Group’s Enterprise Platform Services (EPS) practice is launching a new PEAK Matrix® assessment, SAP Business Applications Services PEAK Matrix® Assessment 2023 for Mid-market Enterprises.
Providers that derive at least 40% of SAP services revenue from mid-market clients with annual revenue below US$5 billion can participate in this assessment. To participate, reach out to EPS ([email protected]) or complete the form: SAP Business Applications Services PEAK Matrix® Assessment 2023 for Mid-market Enterprises.