Client Success Story #1: Top 10 service provider effectively targets and engages Global Business Services acquisition prospects armed with research insights and account intelligence
- A leading global IT/BPO service provider engaged Everest Group to assess the Global Business Service (GBS) market in offshore and nearshore locations (APAC, Central and Eastern Europe) and identify opportunities for business growth through GBS carve-outs, acquisitions, and high value engagements such as digital transformation
- Everest Group took a structured approach to support the client over a six-month period through various types of support:
- Stakeholder education workshops for client teams to provide insights and trends specific to GBS industry and help understand broad areas of interest
- Identify top-10 high-potential GBS targets through a multi-stage filtration and shortlisting assessment process. This entailed prioritization based on dimensions such as challenges related to GBS growth, health and performance, and pressures on the enterprise that may lead to a potential decision to divest / carve-out
- Create detailed account intelligence for target GBS with details of scope of work delivered, evolution, sourcing strategy, footprint, key personnel, challenges, priority areas, vendor relationships, future priorities etc. This information was used to create customized pitch for the client
- The client was successful in initiating multiple conversations with target accounts based on the insights provided through the study. So far, the client has been able to win large deals with two of the identified GBS targets, in the form of carve-out along with add-on scope e.g., assisting enterprise with cloud and automation initiatives. Everest Group’s research armed the client’s sales team with detailed fact packs and right conversation tracks by identifying the exact nature of opportunity and framing customized pitch
Client Success Story #2: Global IT-BPO service provider confidently creates a robust European service delivery locations strategy as a result of workshops and deep-dive assessments, and research-informed recommendations
- Everest Group advised a leading IT-BPO service provider on its European location strategy revamp. The focus service delivery groups were digital (software engineering, analytics etc.) and operations (European language requirements). The client already has 10+ centers in nearshore Europe and was facing challenges related to increasing costs and difficulty in hiring rapidly. The objective of the engagement was to identify 2-3 new delivery locations which can provide access to high-quality talent at advantageous costs.
- The engagement was executed over a period of three months and included the following key steps:
- Demand mapping workshops with the client to understand the demand profile across the functions/technologies and key European languages
- Accelerated filtering of 40+ locations in Europe to arrive at a prioritized list of 10 locations for a detailed deep-dive assessment based on client requirements such as availability of skills, scalability potential, cost profile, and synergies with their existing delivery portfolio
- Detailed deep-dive assessment for the prioritized 10 locations to understand the supply side dynamics and a demand-supply mapping exercise to develop multiple demand-supply mapping scenarios including business case estimates. This included understanding the number of new sites, roles of sites in the portfolio, target ramp-up requirements for the next 3-year period, etc.
- Recommendations on best-fit locations and desired role for new locations
- The engagement helped the client create a robust service delivery location strategy for its European digital and operations support teams. The client is in process to set-up two new centers in locations identified by Everest Group.