Job Title: Vice President, Green / Sustainable IT
Location City: UK (Remote)
Industry: Research and Advisory Services
Company: Everest Group
About Everest Group
Everest Group is a research firm focused exclusively on IT, business process, and engineering services – this specialization results in a depth of expertise that our clients find invaluable when making critical, strategic decisions related to their use and delivery of sourcing services. The Global 1000 – the largest and most complex companies of the world – use our services to guide their journeys to achieve heightened operational and financial performance, accelerated value delivery, and high-impact business outcomes. Founded in 1991, we serve clients around the world. For more information, visit www.everestgrp.com.
Everest Group is with you on the journey. We are committed to empowering team members to develop their potential, share their authentic selves, and inclusively engage. This means we continually celebrate the diverse journeys different individuals cultivate. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it is the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and enthusiasm for solving challenges, you will find a home at Everest Group.
Everest Group is a global firm, with headquarters in Dallas and offices across the US, Canada, the UK, and India. This role is for our London office, but the candidate can be based from home and must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
The Vice President of Green / Sustainable IT (Technology) will provide leadership to Everest Group’s sustainability / ESG practice globally and work in shaping the future of the research and advisory services at the intersection of sustainability and technology. This role will lead Everest Group’s efforts to cultivate and serve clients across the world and specifically work with organisations in the UK&I and Europe. The position will have both leadership and development responsibilities for the overall team as well as an expectation to deliver on revenue targets. The business rationale for the role is to expand the reach of Everest Group’s sustainability practice by leveraging a fast-growth service offering through compelling research products and offerings, deeper relationships with senior client stakeholders, and developing high-performance teams.
The person will work with clients on the demand, supply, and investment side of the global technology and services market and with:
- Leading buy-side enterprises on various aspects of sourcing, supplier selection, and technology investments. This will also include work on our proprietary provider assessment framework, PEAK Matrix, to guide client decision making
- Global supply-side participants (technology vendors and IT service providers) on critical issues centered around growth and innovation, competitiveness, and differentiation through impact
- Enabling stakeholders (such as investment firms, industry associations, economic development agencies) to provide support on M&A activities, investment evangelization, and value proposition creation
- Serve as a key member of the global IT / technology leadership team to help grow the business, build capabilities, increase market impact, and develop talent
- Collaborate with analysts across the firm to deliver research that assists clients with addressing strategic global sourcing issues and market trends in the technology and IT services space
- Create IP for the firm that helps clients address strategic issues within the sustainability technology and IT services space
- Help push the firm’s content (frameworks, data models, synthesis) with focus on implications for key client segments
- Work closely with Everest Group’s sales and marketing team to help in the close and delivery of engagements on issues of technology, IT services, and strategic sourcing
- Develop a strong external reputation by networking with clients, service providers and analysts, participating in research meetings and other public forums, and publishing leading edge research-based reports, whitepapers and articles; expected to speak at industry fora and deliver keynote addresses
Required skills / Aptitude
- At least 8-12 years of professional experience and 3-6 years of sustainability / green IT experience
- Deep industry and stakeholder ties
- Knowledge of the marketplace
- Strong oral and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical capability
- High levels of intellectual curiosity
- Project management skills: self-motivated, ability to multi-task, and successfully manage deadlines
- Desire to be in a non-hierarchical, entrepreneurial environment and comfortable with ambiguity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Collaborative work style; strong interpersonal and team skills
- Significant experience in developing, overseeing, and quality-checking work outputs to ensure high impact and executive readiness of deliverables (PPTs, XLS, long text papers, etc.)
- Proficient and effective in developing new content by learning new domains and synthesizing into net new insights for clients and industry.
- Bring an executive friendly view to any output produced by their team
- Experience working with the market – serving clients, pursuing business opportunities, etc. – to build strong relationships and trust
- Strong and engaging communications skills
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
Everest Group complies with the GDPR, CCPA/CPRA and other data protection regulations.
For more information on how Everest Group processes your personal information, please read our Privacy Notice. By submitting this application, you indicate that you have read and understand our privacy terms and consent to the processing of your personal information by us. To exercise your data subject rights under GDPR, CCPA/CPRA you can write to us at [email protected]
Everest Group is an equal opportunity employer. We have a culture of inclusion, and we provide equal opportunities for all applicants and employees, including those with disabilities. We are committed to providing an environment that is free of all discrimination and harassment and to treating all individuals with respect.