Job Title: Director – Financial Planning and Analysis
Location City: US
Industry: Research and Advisory Services
Company: Everest Group
About Everest Group
Everest Group is a research firm focused on strategic IT, business services, engineering services, and sourcing. Our clients include leading global companies, service providers, and investors. Clients use our services to guide their journeys to achieve heightened operational and financial performance, accelerated value delivery, and high-impact business outcomes. Founded in 1991, we serve clients around the world.
With you on the journey
Everest Group is with you on the journey. We are committed to empowering team members to develop their potential, share their authentic selves, and inclusively engage. This means we continually celebrate the diverse journeys different individuals cultivate. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and enthusiasm for solving challenges, you will find a home at Everest Group.
Everest Group is going through an exciting period of new growth, and we plan to expand our level of influence with increased financial reporting, planning and strategic decision support. To achieve this objective, we are building a Financial Planning and Analysis competency. We are seeking a Director to build and then own the systems and processes to help support Everest Group’s next phase of growth. Reporting to the Global Controller, this role will be responsible for overseeing financial planning and analysis function, including annual budgeting, performance analysis, and growth planning initiatives. Additionally, s/he will have a dotted line to the Transformation Officer, as s/he will also lead and/or support other ad hoc transformation projects, with regular exposure to the leadership team and other cross-functional partners.
There will be a heavy emphasis on providing accurate and insightful analysis to support key decisions. The role requires the ability to work effectively under deadlines, extreme attention to detail, and consistently accurate, high quality financial analysis. The team will also be building the competency around visualization of many data sources onto a set of dashboards to create a seamless story to inform better decision making on strategic initiatives.
- Lead financial planning across the company
- Drive design and layout of financial & analytical models
- Establish templates & tools to gather and organize accurate data elements
- Lead the forecasting and planning process including governance
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to determine sound solutions to transformational initiatives
- Establish and maintain key metrics to help provide insights to business performance including CAC, productivity, capacity management, etc.
- Develop and implement financial processes that improve productivity and support rapidly growing business
- Prepare and analyze management presentations, including monthly reporting
- Business Partner with leaders across the company to improve financial performance by providing fact-based insights and analysis
- Build complex financial models and analyses, including competitive analysis, pricing/gross margin analysis, pro forma models, scenario-based models with sensitivities, etc.
- Lead and establish data-driven decision making and drive performance improvements
- Support design and implementation of insightful reporting for better visibility of opportunities
- Drive continuous improvement and transformation initiatives
- Ad-hoc business analysis / reporting for the leadership team
- Establish FP&A as a trusted business partner to all business units and executive management
- Identify and implement changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operational decision making
- Establish efficient processes for periodic reporting
- Learn the drivers in the professional services and information services industries
- Manages data in accordance with the company’s record retention policies / procedures and state and federal laws /regulations by country.
- Maintains confidentiality of work-related issues, records, and company information
Skills and activities
- Solid experience in the field of Data Analytics, designing corporate-level analysis to inform business decisions
- Strong oral communication skills, including attention to detail
- Professional in appearance
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize and work independently
- Ability to interact and effectively work with others in a team environment
- Strong organization and people management skills along with global Stakeholder management
- Strong work ethic and self-starter
Experience and education
- 10-15 years of relevant financial analysis work experience in FP&A or corporate finance in a professional services firm; we are open to non-traditional career paths
- Qualified CPA or CFA or MBA from a Tier 1 business school
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in using Tableau, Python or another type of data and reporting language
- Proven expertise in modelling techniques and managing large data sets
Everest Group is an equal opportunity employer. We have a culture of inclusion, and we provide equal opportunities for all applicants and employees, including those with disabilities. We are committed to providing an environment that is free of all discrimination and harassment and to treating all individuals with respect.