Barbara Beller is a management professional with extensive strategy development and cross-functional/cross-industry experience with high-profile, global clients. With a disciplined and impactful style, she leads Everest Group consulting teams to deliver distinctive value to clients and is one of the firm’s thought leaders on business process outsourcing (BPO), governance and vendor management.
Her areas of expertise include strategy development; retail/commercial/wholesale banking and insurance; mergers and acquisitions; performance optimization and management; delivery of large-scale project implementations; business process and operating model design; P&L management, revenue and profit growth; risk management; vendor management; and stakeholder and project management.
At Everest Group, her range of impact has extended from driving initiatives to help global firms transform business and IT services models to leading a large healthcare firm’s efforts to establish a global delivery model for IT and business process services.
Prior to joining Everest Group, Barbara served as senior manager, management consulting, financial services at Accenture; director of global transaction banking at Scotiabank; senior business development manager of corporate cash management at Bank of Montreal; and founder and general manager of a professional coaching and consulting business. In these capacities, Barbara spearheaded numerous in-depth projects, including the following:
- The strategy, roadmap, implementation and operationalization of a vendor management office and multi-vendor governance model.
- The analysis and execution of outsourcing multiple commercial banking business processes: Lead role working with the bank’s client team as critical contributor and key advisor to identify, assess, develop, evaluate, negotiate, communicate and implement a global sourcing solution to drive improved performance and cost reductions in back office functions.
- The delivery of a multi-year credit card M&A technology-led program, overseeing 200+ multi-disciplinary teams. She drove establishment of the roadmap and developed the staffing, governance, communication, and financial reporting infrastructure.
- The strategy, roadmap and communication plan to transform an end-to-end, bank-wide business analyst capability.
- A multi-channel retail banking mortgage strategic assessment and roadmap for a global bank. This included a business capability assessment, target business architecture and IT application architecture model, KPIs, project prioritization/sequencing, build-versus-buy vendor assessment and strategic execution plan.
- The strategy and execution of an offshore business analyst process outsourcing model that contributed to US$550,000+ incremental reduction in annual training costs.
- The reengineering of a global transaction banking sales reporting tool to a portfolio measurement model.
- An initiative to enhance international market penetration, including process improvement strategies, for multinational companies of US$30 – US$500 million in annual revenues. She forged business relationships and identified opportunities aligned to a new U.S. market expansion strategy that generated 7.9 percent of division revenue in four months, with a two-year rollout plan targeted to exceed US$96.3 million.