Key highlights from recent custom research projects by Everest Group
Case #1: Advised a leading service provider in U.S. location selection and portfolio design
Everest Group’s approach: The client sought Everest Group’s support in developing its 2020 location strategy for its U.S. locations. The scope of work included both technology and business process services. Everest Group developed a strategy for the service provider, which involved:
- Identifying a long list of potential locations
- Conducting a detailed function-specific filtering to identify relevant locations for further analysis
- Conducting a detailed function-specific deep-dive in each of the selected locations covering dimensions of talent availability, scalability/sustainability, operating costs (both current and future), and business/operating risks
- Recommending best-fit locations for the client and inputs on location portfolio design
The client is in process of implementing Everest Group’s recommendations on the best-fit locations
Case #2: Advised a leading global insurance firm on its GIC strategy design
Client overview and background: The client sought Everest Group’s help in developing its 2018-2025 GIC strategy to enable the parent to leverage the GIC more strategically. The new strategy was intended to strengthen and maintain the competitiveness and differentiation of the GIC from other options, including outsourcing.
Everest Group’s approach: Everest Group developed a 2025 strategy for the GIC, which involved:
- Framing key objectives for the future strategy, including a clear articulation of why the client needs a new strategy
- A blue sky assessment of priority areas for the new strategy and strategy finalization in syndication with the Group GIC board and management committee
- A collaborative effort with the GIC management and leadership teams to lay out an approach to achieve desired outcomes, i.e., how the GIC will implement the new strategy
The new strategy was developed using a combination of inputs including perspectives of key parent stakeholders, GIC leaders, and Everest Group’s outside-in perspectives. Everest Group created a strategy roadmap for 2018-2025, including prioritization of opportunities for the near term (1-2 years), medium term (3-5 years), and long term (5-7 years) and detailed plans to guide implementation in the near term.