2017 was a seminal year for IT services. Digital adoption finally broke free from the shackles of marketing’s lip service and moved from “pilot” to “program.” The of role CIOs resurged as business stakeholders relied on them to deal with an ever-growing supply landscape and procurement conundrum to deal with new-age technology. And growth challenges appeared to have bottomed out for the two key industry verticals: BFSI (the largest) and Healthcare & Life Sciences (the fastest).
Hence, our 2018 Service Provider of the Year™ awards for IT services providers – our third edition – recognize companies that not only weathered a challenging year but reinvented themselves to chart out a new phase of growth for 2018 and beyond.
We select the IT Service Provider of the Year award winners based on the consolidated scores they achieve in the Star Performer, Leader, Major Contender, and Aspirant positions on our PEAK Matrix™ evaluations. In 2017, 67 service providers participated in 24 PEAK Matrix evaluations.
This year’s awards categories:
- Leader boards
- ITS Top 20: A list that recognizes the top 20 service providers
- Top 10 Challengers: New this year, this list recognizes the top 10 service providers with annual revenue less than US$2 billion that increasingly position in the PEAK Matrix evaluation segments as challengers to the established leaders.
- Individual awards
- Leader of the year: Recognizes the service provider(s) with the maximum number of Leader positions
- Star Performer of the year (overall): Recognizes service provider(s) with the maximum number of Star Performer positions.
We awarded these recognitions in the following areas:
- Overall IT Services
- Application Services
- Digital Services
- Cloud and Infrastructure Services
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
Highlights of 2018 Service Provider of Year Awards
Here’s a look at the top five on the ITS Top 20 leader board:
- Accenture and TCS took the top two positions in the ITS Top 20
- Accenture retained its top slot from 2017
- TCS moved into second place, leapfrogging Cognizant and IBM
- Accenture won Leader of the Year (overall)
- TCS won Star Performer of the Year (overall)
- And in the new Top 10 Challengers category, LTI and Virtusa snagged the top two positions.
Wondering if your IT services provider – or the firm you work for – received one of these coveted awards? See the complete list of winners.