Wednesday, September 14, 2011 | 9:00 a.m. CDT; 10:00 a.m. EDT; 2:00 p.m. GMT
Within the Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) industry, the insurance sub-vertical has played a key role in the revival of IT outsourcing (ITO) and business process outsourcing (BPO) post the economic downturn. The average deal duration and total contract value (TCV) for insurance IT-BPO deals have been higher compared to banking and capital markets outsourcing contracts in the last three years.
At the same time, the adoption pattern across different insurance segments and geographies is changing and so are the IT-BPO solutions on the table. This is reflected across multiple dimensions, such as scope of services, technology requirements, global sourcing, and pricing structures, among others.
Buyers and service providers alike are facing challenges in advancing technologies, modernizing legacy operations, and managing growth, profitability and efficiency.
This webinar will help the audience optimize its global sourcing strategy through:
- Evaluation of various engagement models specific to their domain
- Comparative assessment of insurance BPO service providers
- Analysis of key market trends, adoption characteristics and changing requirements
- Rajesh Ranjan, Research Director, Everest Group
- Rajat Juneja, Senior Research Analyst, Everest Group