Tuesday, November 19 | 8 a.m. CST, 9 a.m. EST, 2 p.m. GMT, 7:30 p.m. IST
We all like choices. If our hybrid car runs low on battery, the gasoline kicks in. If our solar panels don’t produce enough energy, a backup battery or generator kicks in.
Same goes for the global services industry. Buyers have traditionally used a mix of Global In-house Centers (GICs) and service providers in their sourcing portfolios for added value, such as delivery speed, flexibility, operational resiliency and investment leverage. More recently, some have embraced other hybrid elements in their sourcing models – joint venture, virtual/assisted GIC, build-operate-transfer (BOT), etc. These hybrid models are neither pure GIC nor pure outsourcing constructs, and are meant to capture benefits of both GIC and outsourcing models.
Our panelists will address the following questions on hybrid sourcing:
- What are the key considerations for utilizing hybrid sourcing models?
- To what extent have these models been successful, and does market experience match up to the stated advantages?
- What are some of the key trade-offs in terms of potential benefits and challenges?
- When does a hybrid model provide a better fit compared to pure GIC or outsource models?
- What are some of the practical experiences of companies in managing and optimizing service delivery from hybrid models?
This one-hour webinar will also provide an update on the global services market in Q3, including offshoring trends in Asian locations.
- Suzanne Aquino, Executive Director, Demand and Supply Management – Outsourcing and Offshoring, UBS
- Michael Koontz, Principal Consultant – Global Sourcing
- Eric Simonson, Managing Partner – Research, Everest Group
- H. Karthik, Vice President, Everest Group (Moderator)
- “De-mythifying” Location Concentration Risk – Realities Behind Common Myths of Location Concentration Risk
- Market Vista: Q3 2013
- Market Vista: Q2 2013
- The Classic Sourcing Model Conundrum – Global In-house Center (GIC) vs. Third-party Provider
- Webinar Deck: Market Vista: Global Services Developments in Q2 2013 complimentary
- Webinar Deck: GIC vs. Service Provider: Who Is Winning? complimentary
- Delivering Value Beyond Savings in the GIC Model – A survey of Organizations with GIC operations