Avid readers of this blog can tell by now that Everest Group is excited to participate and contribute to the market discussion on the impact of the rapidly evolving cloud industry. We get tremendous satisfaction from both the online and in-person conversations our blog topics have generated in the last year and promise to continue to contribute our informed viewpoints with continued enthusiasm.
Enterprise IT leaders we talk with every day find themselves at a crossroads. The cloud revolution is nearing an inflection point, promising to radically transform the way IT services are delivered. At the same time, there is an equally strong “echo chamber” effect in which promises and benefits are refracted through various service provider prisms, creating a significant challenge in separating what’s possible from unhelpful hyperbole. Additionally, the focus in the current market tends to be on the ever-evolving technology upgrades and releases of various cloud components, which leaves most CIOs in the dark when it comes time to try and sell the economic benefits of cloud technology to their key internal stakeholders.
IT organizations have had enough theory and are ready to start working in more practical terms:
- How do we transform the provision of IT services to our business to meet its needs more effectively?
- How do we build a strategy to get us there?
- What does the financial case look like to achieve our desired outcomes?
We’re excited to share the vision of our Next Generation IT Practice with you, because we believe it to be the natural evolution from our current practice of assisting Global 1000 firms drive greater operational efficiency. Our expertise allows us to help transform IT organizations to strengthen both their long-term strategic and economic positions by leveraging the next generation of technologies.
Our vision for this new practice is simple: provide a bridge between strategic direction and technical execution for IT transformation without bias towards the desired end state. We believe this is where the current advisory market falls short and Everest Group can add the most value.
Our Next Generation IT team is successfully able to:
- Build on existing experience helping large IT clients develop strategies
- Leverage our breadth of research on the service providers’ strengths and weaknesses
- Adopt a time-tested methodology to include next-generation technologies
- Utilize our business case modeling skills to construct a versatile tool for helping assess transformation economics in a way that is unique in the marketplace
We cannot wait to share more details about how our team at Everest Group has helped clients develop a roadmap towards transformation in the coming weeks, so that we can continue to contribute thought leadership in this space.